Looking for comfort & luxury, yet still have that down-to-earth outdoors experience? At Mill Haven Place we have the answer, our eco friendly Yurt holidays. Hire one of our traditional yurts and experience chilled “glamping” at its best.
Yurt Holidays In Wales
Yurts are circular, canvas dwellings used traditionally by the nomadic tribes of Mongolia and offer magical, spacious and wonderfully romantic accommodation.
We’re a peaceful and tranquil eco site, and we have lots of experience of outdoor living, so we’re trying to provide facilities that mean your stay is as comfy and easy as possible (in amongst that “getting back to nature” experience of course!) To ensure this we have kept the site small, with only 3 holiday yurts and up to 6 tents. This means everyone on site can benefit from a little privacy or get to know their neighbours if they choose. Everyone has access to:
- 2 hot showers,
- A family shower room,
- 2 flushing toilets as well as 1 compost loo for those that want to give something back!
- In addition each yurt and pitch has a campfire (lots of wood for sale on site),
- A firepit and a picnic table.
The yurts are clustered around a very young 2 acre woodland (trees planted in 2010) all within sight of one another and so give a great sense of a camping community, creating a very safe environment for families. However, each one can provide enough privacy if you’re wanting to get away from it all, particularly outside of the main school holidays. NEW for 2016! Due to planning restrictions we have to operate as a Members Only site. We have just joined the wonderful Greener Camping Club, based here in Pembrokeshire. Membership is for a year and costs £10 BUT is included in your stay price. For every member who joins a tree is planted here in Pembrokeshire and other schemes such as bird and bat boxes are supported.
What To Expect From Our Yurt Holidays
When booking a yurt holiday with us you will arrive at our beautiful, Pembrokeshire eco campsite to a fully-furnished luxury yurt complete with external kitchen/dining area. We have 3 traditional mongolian yurts on site with internal flooring, comfy king size beds, wood burning stoves and 2 sofa chair beds.
- Our yurts are 5 metres in diameter and are furnished with a double bed.
- 2 single sofabed chairs
- Inside are also beautiful handmade woodburning stoves that ensure you’re nice and cosy at night.
- Outside, in an additional covered space, is a fully equipped kitchen, with gas hob, all pots, pans and utensils, table and chairs and firepit for those campfire nights.
With each yurt hired you will enjoy:
- A double bed
- X2 sofa chair beds
- Internal stove with protective grill (we supply your first bucket of logs free, further wood available to buy on site)
- A drawer for clothes and other bits and bobs
- Picnic table and kitchen areas (under cover)
- Plenty of pots and pans
- Outside Fire pit (lots of wood for sale on site)
- Lots of magical candles and fairy lights
- Solar lights inside and out
So visit us today to sleep under starry big skies or swim, surf and play on Pembrokeshire’s spectacular beaches. Explore wild coastal beauty or historic gems. Sit around your own campfire. But mainly… just chill!